Posted on August 10, 2016
Performs supervisory responsibilities for managing all aspects of the construction, installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical power lines, electrical systems, fixtures, apparatus, and appliances.
This individual is responsible for planning, scheduling, assigning, participating in, and inspecting the work electricians, and trades helpers. Work includes the onsite design and construction of special electrical apparatus. Large scale and complex jobs are normally inspected upon completion for conformance with quality and per specifications. Work is performed under general direction of a General Superintendent and Project Manager and is reviewed through discussions and inspection of completed work.
Plans, assigns, schedules, and supervises the work of electricians, and helpers engaged in the construction, installation of electrical systems, fixtures, apparatus, and appliances and must participate in the more difficult work.
- Trains and instructs subordinates on detailed procedures.
- Conducts daily inspections and gives on-site supervision over hazardous or unusual work assignments; assures availability of equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Capable of recording cost and job records and submits reports; initiates requisitions for supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Enforces safety regulations, rules, and working conditions.
- Responsible for the proper training of personnel in the safe operation of equipment and tools.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 8-10 years of related experience including supervisory or lead experience to include considerable experience as a journeyman electrician or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Excellent communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the practices, methods, equipment, materials, and tools of the electrical trade.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Ability to supervise the work of skilled workers.
- Professional knowledge of the NFPA 70 & NFPA 70E for electrical installations.
- Ability to interpret and work from instructions, penciled plans and sketches, and blue prints.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with superiors, subordinates, vendors and Onsite Supervision.
- Ability to evaluate time frame of task assigned correctly and execute with budgets
- Skill in the use and care of all hand and shop tools and equipment of the electrician’s trade.
- Must be able to obtain Alternate State Licensed as required per Site Location
- Clean Driving Record
- Must be able to Pass Drug Screening
- Must possess a Valid OSHA 10 Card ( Prefer OSHA 30)
- Must be able and willing to obtain Basic First Aid and CPR Certification ( Company Provided)
- Must be familiar with Fall Protection Systems.
- Must be willing to work on heights over 6ft
Be the first to apply, just click: https://hr-consulting-group.org?co=9003A&App
~ We are an AA/EEO Employer ~